The employee turnover rate in the automotive industry is at 46% an all-time high. According to a recent study 20% of your current staff will look for a new job in the next six months.
Below are some ways to enhance your dealership’s culture and gain a competitive edge in a tight labor market.
1. Team Building. On a yearly basis, schedule a team-building exercise for your team. Hiring a professional facilitator can provide added benefits.
2. Benefits & Compensation. Conduct an annual review and compare your pay plans to ensure that you are competitive in the market.
3. Training & Development. By providing training, you will be upgrading dealership employees’ skill sets and paving the way for them to earn internal promotions.
4. Work/Life Balance & Flexibility. Employees today are looking for balance and when an employer offers flexibility in hours worked, and how it is done, employees are happier and do better at their jobs
5. Communication & Motivation. Communication is one of the most important things that employees want. Develop new lines of communication with your staff to keep them informed.